Premium English Dictionary
The most up-to-date dictionary for learners of English!
* Over 100,000 references and 80,000 examples of words in use
* More references than any other English learnersbliog’ dictionary
* Only 2,500 words used to define all entries
* Up-to-date information on new words, spoken English and changes in meaning
* Short and clear definitions, with menus in longer entries to help find the meaning quickly
Although the English language is made up of over one million individual words, 90% of all written and spoken text consists of 7,500. The Macmillan English Dictionary highlights these vital 7,500 in red, encouraging learners to swiftly grasp the core words necessary to speak and write fluently.
This is a practical reference book for the classroom and home, offering invaluable support for those wishing to write and speak English accurately.
– Full content of the print dictionary
– PLUS additional collocations, synonyms, and word origins
– Guide on how to use the dictionary
– Search using wildcards and suggested words
– Predictive text in search helps you with spelling as you look for words
– Search for idioms and phrasal verbs
– Search history to help you find recently searched for words
– Support for search from within other compatible apps on your device
– Bookmark your favorite words
– Fix bugs